The Coastal San Luis Resource Conservation District (CSLRCD), in partnership with the County of San Luis Obispo, offers an alternative, low-cost grading review process for eligible projects within our district — Alternative Review Program. If you are outside of the CSLRCD boundaries, contact the Upper Salinas-Las Tablas Resource Conservation District.
Eligible projects* for the ARP include:
- Hillslide benches on slopes over 30 percent
- Rangeland management projects on slopes over 30 percent
- Agricultural roads
- Drainage improvements
- Streambank protection measures
- Conservaton, restoration and enhancement projects
- Trail and recreation enhancements
- Waste management systems
- Importation or exportation of more than 2,000 cubic yards of material
*Projects in the Coastal Zone are not eligible for ARP.
You can find more information on the County’s Department of Planning & Building website and by reviewing the Guide to Agricultural Grading.
The ARP does not include project design. It is intended that the Program Cooperators complete design in advance of contacting CSLRCD, especially for large or complex projects. In some cases for small projects, Program Cooperators can work with the CSLRCD through the Technical Assistance service to complete designs. The decision will be made by the CSLRCD on a case-by-case basis.
Hallie Richard, firstname.lastname@example.org
Joe Murphy, email@example.com