Position Title: Assistant Restoration Engineer – 40 hours/week, permanent
CSLRCD staff are concurrently involved in upwards of 18 restoration, planning and resource management projects across coastal San Luis Obispo County ranging from water quality improvements and instream habitat protection, to agricultural production enhancements. The Assistant Restoration Engineer will provide technical and engineering related support to the District Engineer and Project Manager with oversight from the Program Manager. Interested applicants should visit CSLRCD’s website at www.coastalrcd.org for more information on current projects.
• Developing CAD design plan sets based on District Engineer’s direction
• Assisting with topographic surveys
• Assisting with on-site construction management
• Perform hydrologic and hydraulic analysis for in-stream restoration projects
• Supporting staff with irrigation system evaluations
• Water quality monitoring and data entry
• Soil core sampling and evaluation
• Use of Garmin GPS and ArcMap to develop project specific resource maps
• BS degree in Engineering, preferably civil (hydrology or hydraulics focus) or agricultural
• Minimum 1 year applied engineering experience, including design and plan production in AutoCAD
• Command of AutoCAD Civil3D software, including grading, alignments, profiles, and surfaces
• Understanding of basic hydrologic and hydraulic concepts
• Familiarity with Garmin GPS instruments and ArcMap applications
Morro Bay, CA with services and fieldwork throughout the District and opportunities for remote work.
$26 – $28 hourly based on experience. Generous paid-time off (in lieu of paid holidays), optional 3% contribution to a simple IRA, sick leave (accrued at the rate of one day per month), and professional development opportunities.
Please send cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Assistant Restoration Engineer Job Announcement” in the subject line. Applications accepted until position filled.